[meteorite-list] OT: Earthquakes and volcanoes

From: Bjorn Sorheim <astrogeo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 22:48:15 +0200

Notice, btw that this is _live_ video.
You can also choose two alternative views further
away on the left side.

These vents are currently situated right between two
fairly large mountaintop glaciers in southern Iceland -
at 1000 m asl.
The scientists think that the eruption with time will
move to the eastern one of these - Myrdalsj?kul.
This will trigger a large flooding event that will treathen
one or more villages on the coast there, and at the
same time break the main road around Iceland.
Exciting times on Iceland...

Bj?rn S?rheim

<http://eldgos.mila.is/eyjafjallajokull-fra-fimmvorduhalsi/>eldgos.mila.is/eyjafjallajokull-fra-fimmvorduhalsi/

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Par%C3%ADcutin>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Par%C3%ADcutin