[meteorite-list] An embarrassment to us all (but mostly me)!Hiž

From: Warren Sansoucie <warren3174_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 16:01:31 -0500

Tom,

 Ebay WILL work with you on the issues at hand. I have had a lot of success with similar problems not pertaining to meteorite sales. You need to approach them on the premise of someone misrepresenting you directly for a profit.

Refer to your website links when you email them and they will actually go and look at everything themselves.

They know its bogus based off the claims and the pricing and therefore know they won't be making any money themselves. They'll be happy to wipe the goof ball off.

To date, I've had more than 8 auctions cancelled and 3 users banned from selling under their current accounts. Ebay does listen if they are approached properly.

The IMCA watches these guys. A few years ago, when ebay allowed you to see the bidders , the IMCA use to go directly to the bidder and warn them of the scam.

Personally, if someone out there is willing to buy a 'meteorite' with George Clooney's DNA found inside, they deserve it.

Warren Sansoucie