[meteorite-list] Hibben and Firestone

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 13:15:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul -

I can see that this is going to take a bit longer yet. In the last exchange we established that the specific "mucks" Hibben observed were destroyed in the the hydraulic mining operation which revealed them, so we can dispose of that strawman. The coastal site has been handled as well.

Bill Napier's latest model explains the black mats, and ties them to Encke fragments with hard physical evidence; the lack of a large crater is explained by impact into the ice sheet. The new flow evidence will help to locate it.

As for the "blueberries", I suppose they will take a bit longer. But at least they've tied the Mars strata to impacts, and their 26 million year periodicity will most likely emerge shortly.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas

PS - It appears that Homo Heidelbergensis is showing up all over as well.