[meteorite-list] MOON ROCKS ON DISPLAY - COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN NEVADA

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:42:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hello List,

NASA provided "moon rocks" will be on display in Room C-123 at the Henderson Campus of the College of Southern Nevada located at 700 College Drive in Las Vegas, Nevada this week. Included with the lucite encased moon rocks will be a display of "hands on" meteorites for students and the public to inspect.

Physics and Astronomy Professor Peter Lanagan and Chemistry Professor Charles Kotulski, who is NASA certified to handle moon samples, will give presentations open to students and the public:

Today, April 5th from 3:20PM till 5:30PM

Tuesday from 12:20PM till 2PM

Thursday from 12:30PM till 2:30PM

Friday from 9:00AM till 11:00AM

The two professors stated that they hope the opportunity to see and handle exta-terrestial material will inspire students to take an academic interest in the physical sciences.

I plan to attend this afternoon's session and bring some planetaries and the new Nevada record chondrite find with me.

As mentioned...the sessions are open to the public. Listees who plan to attend a session and would like to have a cup, or a glass, with me please contact off List.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536