[meteorite-list] Swap - NASA and Apollo Moon Landing Memorabilia for Meteorites

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:32:05 -0400

Greetings List,

I know this is not exactly on-topic, but it may be of interest to
someone on this list.

I have a sizeable stack of NASA Apollo/Moon Landing memorabilia that I
am going to sell - the money from this sale will be used to purchase
meteorites. So, I thought before I offer this to some space collector
friends of mine, I would offer it up to the list to see if anyone
wants to trade some meteorites for this Apollo material. Contact me
off-list if interested. I am interested in almost any kind of
meteorite material - either for my own collection or for resale. I
need some small Canyon Diablo irons, Tagish Lake, moldavite, LDG, and
eucrite. I'm also looking for any recent falls from 2000 to 2010.
No lowball offers please - the newspapers in this offer are very
scarce in this complete condition. And some of the lithographs (like
the Soyuz ones) are very hard to find in mint condition. Photos are
available upon request.

Here is what I have -

1) Newspapers from around the world, that cover the first Apollo
launch and the moon landing. Dates are July 17, 1969 for the launch
papers and July 21, 1969 for the moon landing. These are the entire
newspapers, not just the front page headline. So they are also chock
full of news stories and advertisments. They also feature special
sections on the Apollo program which are loaded with photos and
diagrams. The German newspaper has a giant full-color fold-out of
Apollo.

International Herald Tribune - "Apollo 11 Soars After Perfect
Blast-Off, All "Looking Good"; Next Stop the Moon"

Bild Zeitung (Germany) - "Der Monde ist jetzt ein Ami" (huge color
fold-out included)

London Daily Telegraph - "Americans First on the Moon - Eagle touches
down in "football pitch"

Financial Times - "Astronauts touch down on the Moon"

Iberian Daily Sun (Madrid, weekly, July 22) - "Bye Bye Moon, and back to Mama"

Madrid Diario de la Noche (Madrid) - "La Luna Ya Es Del Hombre"

These papers also feature headlines for the Soviet Luna 15 program,
Ted Kennedy's Chappaquidick scandal, and more.

NASA 8x10 Glossy Lithographs - (color, mint to near-mint condition,
suitable for framing)

1) ASTP Crewmen Aboard Apollo-Soyuz
2) Cernan salutes the flag at Apollo 17 landing site
3) Crew photo for Third Space Shuttle Orbital Test (STS-3)
4) Skylab 3 pilot Lousma flies the M509 experiment
5) Flight deck of the Space Shuttle Columbia
6) Apollo-Soyuz Symbolic Flight Activities
7) Apollo 11 astronaut prepares to step onto the moon.
8) Space shuttle orbiter carrying Spacelab
9) Apollo 16 lift-off
10) Nighttime launch of Apollo 17
11) Crew photo of the Fourth Space Shuttle Orbital Test (STS-4)

NASA Educational Pieces - (most of these are booklets and pamphlets on
various space science topics)

1) NASA Publications Catalogue April 1982
2) NASA Films Catalogue January 1982
3) NASA Aerospace Education Unit
4) NASA Educational Brief - Second Flight of the Shuttle 1982
5) NASA Educational Brief - April 1981
6) NASA Educational Brief - July 1981
7) NASA Educational Brief - May 1981
8) NASA Educational Brief - March 1981
9) NASA Johnson Space Center Film Catalogue - October 1981
10) NASA Facts - Skylab 1973/1974
11) NASA Facts - Earth Resources
12) NASA Facts - Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center
13) NASA Facts - The Next Step, Large Space Structures
14) NASA Facts - Space Benefits
15) NASA Facts - Saturn V
16) NASA Facts - Astronaut Selection and Training
17) NASA Facts - A Wardrobe for Space
18) NASA Facts - Manned Space Flight - The First Decade
19) NASA Facts - Food for Space Flight

Thanks for looking!

MikeG