[meteorite-list] golden iron color and Widmanstätten" patterns

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 23:55:16 -0400

Jas,
 I'm reminded why I hate to respond to your posts.
Your opinions are never wrong but, I recognize that others have opinions.
Until this is classified we don't even know it's a meteorite yet. I understand even farmer was wrong recently. Let me say this my friend. If Farmer can be wrong. Anyone can be wrong. Period.
It could still be a winonaite with mostly iron and therefore the whole thing would be classified a Winonaite including the IAB iron portion. Again it will have to come from the O-isotopes if it ends up having Winonaite silicates inside.
No, I don't see any in the photo but the black crust may be silicate material. It is very hard to tell in a photo.
To your point about the desert varnish. You really need to get out more often. Sandblasting removes material it does not plant it.
I am sorry if your Wiki does not know how to explain what they mean but, I assure you that they do not mean to imply that sandblasting accretes material to the rocks it hits. If it says that then I would suggest an edit is in order because it simply does not do that.
Yes, I read Dr. Garvie's abstract about desert varnish and there is a buildup over years caused by wind but, that is not the same as using the term sandblasted. Think of it like this. the difference between a mist and a spray.. Maybe then you will get it.
again, It is not what you say that bothers me. It is how you say it. You are not nice and it shows. Sorry. Carl
PS Why would I bet you anything. I never said you were wrong just that you unjustly put others down too quickly. Try to be nice.
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax