[meteorite-list] golden iron color and Widmanstätten" patterns

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:11:42 -0400

Hi Aziz,

I have no idea what the gold coloration is. It looks like someone
with very poor taste spray-painted it with Krylon Glitter Gold. Could
it be something related to a high troilite content? I know that
troilite sometimes looks brassy to the naked eye, but I've never seen
anything like the meteorite in your photo. It is very unusual, and
coming from anyone else I would suspect it was painted. But I think
you have something unique there and should have it classified.

Whatever you find out about it, please share it with the List and let
us know. :)

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG