[meteorite-list] AD... Time to get back to work

From: Mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:12:49 -0400

"I have a question that has puzzled me for some time....... On a cheap
item, $20- buy it now, why would anyone bother to watch it? "

Hello Jim !

Maybe the IRS.

$20 is more money than 2/3 's of the current eBay prices in the
collectibles category.

Maybe they debate between (grocery shopping and cooking a romantic home
cooked steak dinner for two), or (some old rock or 40-kopeck (USD
$0.01) postage stamp).... so they put it on a watch list so it doesn't
get lost.

Or maybe long on bids and with a fixed perk budget. Losing other
auctions, he would pounce on the $20 thingy.

Maybe she is 11 years old and $20 is her week's allowance and she is
waiting for her "paycheck". Or ditto, retired, fixed income, unemployed.

Do you happen to have several of the same items for $20? Maybe one of
your competitors thinks $10 has been the standard for whatever the item
is, and he may be thinking, let's see how quickly Jim sells these at
$20 !

My money is on the latter,

Kindest wishes,
Doug