[meteorite-list] Bugs In Space!

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:35:41 -0700

On 9/19/09 8:26 AM, "Rob McCafferty" <rob_mccafferty at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If you are going to insist on panspermia being anything other than another
> crackpot idea dreamed up by people who prefer conspiracy....
Hmmmm.....
        Panspermia is a theory just as all other "beginning of life"
explanations are theories (except the thousands of creation myths in
thousands of cultures - they are myths - that is why they are called
"creation myths" and to claim one's own culture has THE correct
creation myth and all others are wrong is so ethnocentric as to be
definitively exemplary of the term).
    No one can claim to "know" what is what, we can only gather data - none
of which is yet conclusive regarding this. To believe one's opinion in this
arena is "right" is an act of faith at best. While everyone has a right to
their own faith, ramming it down others' throats is way out of line. A
simple statement of belief is sufficient. Anything more is uncivil.
        So, let's be civil in discussions of same.
        Best wishes, Michael