[meteorite-list] Bugs In Space!

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:48:39 +0100

There is much documented evidence of microbes in the upper atmosphere
region, I think the debatable bit though is the suggestion that life
must have come from somewhere other than from Earth, - This is simply
not the case. I have seen no evidence to suggest anything other than
that every single life form we have ever found originated right here on
earth.

Some people just cannot accept that life doesn't automatically have to
have come from outer space, they are entitled to hold that view, but
where is the evidence to show that life cannot possibly start on Earth?
It has to start somewhere, and what better place than right here, where
the conditions are warm/wet/cold/ideal?

Sorry but imho panspermia is nothing more than religion by the back
door..

Transfer of life from planet to planet via meteorites is more
interesting, though even here we have the dilemma that just because
highly evolved extreemophiles can potentially survive under controlled
test conditions doesn't automatically mean they actually have, there are
many other complex variables to consider, many of which are still poorly
understood.

Mark