[meteorite-list] Strange Rock Reports

From: ensoramanda at ntlworld.com <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 8:51:25 +0100

Hi,

The clue is in the file name...La Mancha!...and in the glassy crust...most eucrites show a very fluid glassy crust, very distinctive, such as Millbillillie and Camel Donga. If you find stones with such a crust then even more exciting...I think very unlikely to stick to your magnet at all though, so even more difficult to initially be certain they are meteorites.

I dont think there is ever a way to describe what a fresh or weathered meteorite will look like exactly because of the variety and weathering conditions....just look at lots and keep an open mind.

Graham UK