[meteorite-list] Strange Rock Reports

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:31:16 -0500

THIS is a meteorite that has been on the
ground awhile, years, decades, centuries,
millennia? but is only partly degraded.
It's lost its gloss but it's perfectly plain
what it is:
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cms/astro/cosmos/M/Meteorite

THIS is a meteorite that just fell only days
before some sharp-eyed fellow picked it up:
http://meteoriteguy.com/lamanchaspainfall/lamancha555a.JPG

What you are holding in your hand is SLAG.

I mean, I don't want to be overly blunt here,
but that's not the kind of rock you want to
expend effort on finding. Toss it in the question
mark barrel and go find one like the two pix
above. You'll be a lot happier...

Sterling K. Webb