[meteorite-list] Catch A Comet?

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:24:45 -0700 (PDT)

Alexander,

there were a number of observations made, including photometry, that showed the object was too dense to be a man-made object. I am not sure if spectral analysis was made, but it was clear this was a natural object and not a spacecraft or booster.

An abstract from the American Journal of Physics about it can be found here:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2008AmJPh..76..720A

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net