[meteorite-list] Slow cooling rate of irons in space

From: Pete Shugar <pshugar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 18:34:17 -0500

May I please inject just the one comment?
In space, the side facing the star (in our case, the sun) can get quite hot,
ie close to the sun --hotter, and further away---less hot.
Conversly--the side away from the star can approach very high negative
degrees, ie 250 to 400 below zero.
This is the "so darn cold" you were thinking about.
Pete