[meteorite-list] Universe TV Show

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 09:12:37 -0700 (PDT)

No, they didn't do any taping here... And they got our name wrong. We're Catalina Sky Survey, not Catalina Sky Observatory. The photo they showed is of our Schmidt telescope, which is about 8 km from our 1.5-m telescope on top of Mt. Lemmon. The 1.5-m was where TC3 was discovered.

There is a National Geographic Channel program in final production that should air in a few months that is specifically about the 2008 TC3. It'll be divided into approximately thirds; Discovery, the flurry of activity the day before impact and then the recovery of the Almahata Sitta meteorites.

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net