[meteorite-list] Saw Fireball Last Night

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 11:27:40 -0400

Hello,

I saw a pretty big fireball last night from my house in freeland MD.
It was low in the sky (maybe 15-20 degrees over horizon). It was
almost perfectly due west, 15 degrees or so south of west. It was
traveling at a 45 degree angle moving towards the south.

It was very lucky, I had just stepped outside at about 12:30 am and
saw it right over my observatory in my backyard, the second after I
went outside. I got a text from a friend this morning that said he
heard something about a carrol county fireball on the radio.

I feel special.

Thanks,

Mike Hankey
http://www.mikesastrophotos.com