[meteorite-list] Alien Life - We are the proof!

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 08:05:28 -0700

Hi List,

Ok, Now we're getting somewhere. Why I didn't see the aliens for all the
humans I don't know. Kind of the forest for the trees scenario I guess.
Which just goes to show that life does in fact exist elsewhere. Our own
existence proves it. We are that life, we exist therefore other life
must exist as well. Looking at our own planet from outside our own
galaxy, instead of saying life is "out there somewhere" why didn't we
look back at ourselves?

Maybe because we've never left our neighborhood. In the history of human
kind, knowledge is relative. Meaning that it's relative to local
environment and experience. Too many times has human kind been locked in
the box of their own interpretations of their local environment and the
knowledge of their immediate surroundings. We've always assumed that
everything must somehow center around ourselves. Most humans who've ever
lived have never ventured past the realms of their own comfortable
little worlds. Our tiny personal section of the world is what we know
and we tend to base our interpretation of the unknown on our own biased
local knowledge. It wasn't until recently (the past few thousand years)
that human kind has started to look outward and beyond our own home for
answers.

We've only very recently (geologically and universally speaking) begun
to explore the world of meteorites and to study the composition of our
own solar system. Not only can meteorites tell us what our solar system
is made of, but they can tell us how old it is, and whether the
possibility of life exists beyond our own little neck of the woods. All
known meteorites are not even a minute fraction of the mass of our own
planet much less the massive amounts of material floating around in our
own solar system, or our entire galaxy, or the universe. How many
planetary systems are in each galaxy, and how much material is floating
around out there that we "don't" know about? How many unknown minerals,
and chemicals have we yet to discover? We're assuming that everything is
pretty much the same throughout the universe chemically. I ask you this.
How can we state that unequivocally? We can't.. There are billions of
species of life forms on out planet. How can we say with certainty that
there is nothing else out there? We can't.

We are the answer to our own question of whether life could survive in
the desolate universe. If we can survive, so can other life. There is NO
arguing that. If you believe in us, you MUST believe in other life out
there whether they be little green aliens or carbon based microbial
lifeforms or anything else we would define as life.

Our very existence proves it. Or does it? Can someone point out a flaw
in the logic of this thought process? Maybe this is linear thinking but
honestly maybe I'm too tired right now after being up all night and
can't think of one.

I'd be curious to see what people think about that.

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA