[meteorite-list] Alan Hale Jr. Related Off Topic Who's Hotter, Mary Ann Or Ginger?

From: Phil Whitmer <prairiecactus_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 20:26:30 -0400

Guys,

Relax, it was a lame attempt at humor. I thought the word IRONY in capital
letters would give it away. I was poking fun at the irony of people not
realizing I was attempting humor when I intentionally repeated some common
misquotes.
Hmmm, I can see now why people sometimes think I'm mentally challenged.

Just reading about the Hale-Bopp comet when a funny picture popped into my
mind of the Skipper's dad (who I sometimes can't tell from the actual
Skipper) squinting into a telescope, spotting an unknown deep space object,
getting out his star charts, confirming it was an unknown comet, then
immediately calling the appropriate governing body and getting it named
after himself. OK, I guess you had to have been there and it maybe would be
funnier if it was Alan Hale Jr. himself. I'm sure Alan Hale the comet guy
never drew this comparison.

So, if I say something really stupid, just assume it's a joke!!!

While we're on the off topic of old movies, did anyone realize that Alan
Hale, the Skipper's (Alan Hale Jr.), dad, was the co-discoverer of the
most widely observed comet of the 20th Century?

Phil (Think IRONY, people!) Whitmer