[meteorite-list] Here's to making Lemonade out of lemons..

From: Leigh Anne DelRay <leighannedelray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:20:55 -0700

Ed,
The termite inspection was done with the guy that was selling it to
us. The house was in a trust and willed to that guy, and he had an
inspection, and let us know that there had been some termite problems
in the past, but it was 'all good now', and we believed him
(unfortunately).
The pest control people have come out and looked at it, and we had two
different ones come just for advice really, and they said that they
two colonies (they are in two rooms in my house) are around 10 -15
years old. And may have been slowed down from time to time with
treatments, but probably never killed off, as the drywood termites are
 hard to kill.
They live their entire lives inside the boards, and die in the boards,
never really ever surface, and never eat through paint or finish, so
you never really see them.
We were very very naive, this was a first house for both of us, we
didn't really know what we were doing, (clearly huh?)
Thanks for everyone's thoughts, it means a lot to me,
only 152 days until the Tucson Gem Show 2010, and we can all be together.
~LA