[meteorite-list] Issue with etching via ferric choride

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

Eric,

I would really be interested in reading it. Be sure to include some safety guidelines. Today I just read about a guy who messed up his health bigtime doing some welding work. Just one whiff of some minor looking fumes. I don't have the article to pass along right now - it's at work. I know people who handle acids and they say ferric is one of the nastiest they use, but maybe it's a lot more concentrated than what McCartney is talking about though.

I'd hate to see someone get hurt by because they don't realize the hazards. So I'd recommend everybody familiarize themselves with the MSDS before handling anything like that. It's a little tough in an emergency trying to figure out what to do...

Happy etching,
Mark
Vail, AZ