[meteorite-list] Big Bang Origin Of The Moon (Tektite Related)

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:53:56 -0700

Yo,

Well, I'm not sure about how a real physicist would see his explosive
fission theory, but from what I've learned, that sounds like a load of
BS. Do you know how much energy would be required to get something
the size of the moon out as far as it is? Or to move it ten feet in
any direction? There's not enough fissionable material in the planet
to move it a tenth of the distance away from the earth that it is -
never mind the lack of a catalyst for such an event.

Beyond that, take a look at the age of the australasian tektite field
- 803,000 (+/-3,000) years old. Not only would this make the moon a
mere 800,000 years old, but according to his theory, the explosive
fission event also led to the beginning of plate tectonics. Now we
have a real problem. If plate tectonics started 800,000 years ago.

http://www.visionlearning.com/library/module_viewer.php?mid=65

Right. A process that is accepted by mainstream science (plate
tectonics - not a controversial subject) that we're certain was
occurring >200 million years ago was kick-started by an impact 800,000
years ago. And this is supported by a plethora of biological and
geological evidence.

And then you have the references like this:

"There are currently several problems with the big impact theory.
Where did the hypothetical Theia come from and what was the credible
mechanism to generate identical oxygen isotopes? Unfortunately there
are now more and more ad-hoc auxiliary hypotheses to keep the main
hypothesis afloat."

Well, not so hard to explain:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V66-3VW7RRH-D&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1068956432&_rerunOrigin=scholar.google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=765ea067d30de32d5cfb53d486e32683

Maybe we were hit by an impactor with similar oxygen isotopes. Or
maybe the impact occurred early enough for things to homogenize
somewhat afterwards (we did have plate tectonics, after all). At
least those scenarios are *possible.*

Or how about :

"The Moon genesis explosion would have created many signatures such as
the uplift of the Himalayas, the huge elevated plateau of Tibet and
the impression that India apparently collided with Eurasia, as
suggested first by Dewey and Bird in 1970."

Plate tectonics? Generally accepted science? You might as well say
that the Chicxulub crater is volcanic. That's the kind of claim he's
making.

My personal favorite:

"For example the same explosive shock wave that sent the Moon into
orbit could also account for a host of geological anomalies including:
orphiolites (mantle rocks embedded in the crust), cryptoexplosive
craters eg the Bushveld complex, the global K-T (cretaceous-tertiary)
iridium layer, the enrichment of certain elements in the mantle,
undersea plateaus, certain antipodal relationships on the Earth, the
presence of volatiles, like the suspected gaseous emission (transient
lunar phenomenon, TLP) and water on the Moon."

So now this impact occurred ~3.5 billion years ago, 65 million years
ago, 800,000 years ago - and everywhere in between. And accounts for
many phenomena which are likely completely unrelated.

- And some more nonsensical rubbish like this:

"This means that oceanic slabs need not be continually subducting
under continents in what are called Wilson cycles. If there was no
recycling of ocean floor then what is laid down now is the original
ocean floor. So this logic leads to the implication that the oldest
original ocean floor in the North western Pacific is only 200 million
years old."

Take a look at this carefully. If oceanic slabs were not being
subducted, they would be as old as...well, whenever they formed. This
logic would lead to the implication of the fact that the ocean floor
is old - at least as old as the moon, because he states that the scar
left by the expulsion of the moon created the hole in which the ocean
formed (this sounds like a child wrote it). Of course, the age of
this hole is ambiguous; with the age of the moon being anywhere from
800,000 years to 3.5 billion, we're really not left with much to work
with; everything we know is clearly wrong. According to Coleman,
though, the event also 'reset geologic clocks on earth,' so everything
we think we currently know about geology (at least geology since the
event) is likely...yeah, wrong. It's ok, though. What is clear in
the article is that he's working to figure all of this out. He'll
save science, singlehandedly if he must.

Hm.

Yeah, I should get back to homework. It's physics...and this is a
waste of time.
Regards,
Jason

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Dennis Miller <astroroks at hotmail.com> wrote:

> ?<946864.2356.qm at web28509.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>
>

> Hello! ?Not sure where the holes are. This theory is much the same as Dr. H=
> artmann and
> Dr. Davis hypothesized in their paper=2C in the late 70's and more recently=
> ?by Dr. Jeffery
> Taylor's published research. ?I kinda like the impact theory from 4 billion=
> ?years ago.
> Just wondering which theory you like?
> Dennis
> =20
> =20
>
>> Date: Thu=2C 29 Oct 2009 02:01:47 +0000
>> From: tinbider at yahoo.co.uk
>> To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
>> Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Big Bang Origin Of The Moon (Tektite Relate=
> d)
>>=20
>> What a fruit loop. This theory has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Do=
> es he think the moon is made of cheese too? I stopped reading half way thro=
> ugh.....
>>=20
>> Aubrey
>> www.tektites.co.uk
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>> field=2C or trail=2C of previously unexplained glassy