[meteorite-list] vibrating lap - Yahoo! Search Results

From: Dennis Miller <astroroks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:52:21 -0500

www.dbrockwerks.com/VibeLapInstr.pdf

Hello, Matt! and all..I never have tried my polisher dry, I use
this method. I am in the process of making a 12 inch square,
dry polisher, out of a marble floor tile that I can attach
a sheet of silicon carbide wet/dry paper to. My experimental
one made out of a clipboard, tygon tubing ring, 4 springs,
small vibrating motor (ebay) and lots of rtv, worked good.
One draw back, it won't hold anything over a 6 inch slab.

Still running in the 4 corners desert!
Dennis