[meteorite-list] Tucson Meteorite Auction Catalog now up - call for entries (Ad)

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 14:45:04 -0700

Greetings all,
        To see the first 20 entries in the 11th Tucson Meteorite
Auction, please go to:

http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/TucsonAuction10.html

        Already, we have some major entries, such as a Carbonado
Black Diamond over 150cts, a 20LB lot of Trinitite, 2 super nice
(and substantially sized) Los Angels slices (both "LA 001" & "LA 002"),
Special NWA type specimens, including lunar and other ultra rare
Types, A spectacular Gujba Full Slice with an esxceptionally large
chondrule, etc.This auction is finally gaining momentum in submission
Of some major lots on a regular basis. Do be encouraged. (Super valuable
Specimens may qualify for individual negotiation of consignment fee)
        Please note people may submit entries at the old consignment
Rate of 10% for the next 3 weeks (Nov. 15). After that time the consignment
Fee will increase periodically up until the auction itself. Several people
Have assured me they are sending in 10 or more specimens in the immediate
Future, so, keep an eye on the Catalog and submit your material (JPG
And description) ASAP to be able to choose what part of the auction you
would like your lots listed, save on commission and get the most out of
The free advertizing.
        It is looking like after MONTHS of unexpectedly laborious
preparation my book on ASPECTS OF METEORITE ORIENTATION
Will finally be out by the time we go to the show. I am planning on having
Numbered copies available at the show for personalized signatures.
        I would LOVE to see multiple oriented specimens entered in this
auction to make it a theme. Bring 'm on.
        Please contact me off list to submit worthy entries and/or to make
Absentee bids.
        Best wishes, Michael
PS: Fred Olson, please contact me off list.