[meteorite-list] Ebay Top Rated seller program... no/poor sales?

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 22:28:08 -0700 (PDT)

Off topic a bit...

I am wondering how many of you are aware of ebays new TRS program?

Do you use it when making purchases? Does it factor in to who you buy from?
Do you use the search feature that excludes everyone but the Top Rated Sellers?

I am wondering because while I qualify (I actually had the badge for 11 days) it has vanished and all ebay can tell me is its an error that others are experiencing.

For the 11 days I had it, my sales were well over $xxxx for those 11 days.
Since it "got lost" I have done less then $xxx in sales over the last 12 days.

I have 100% positive feedback and 4.9 to 5.0 seller ratings (almost perfect) and do my best to make sure everyone is happy with the transaction.
Is it just me or has anyone else seen a very large drop in ebay sales? (at fixed price, not auction - I am not a real high volume dealer so .99 auctions really kill me)

I really think the TRS badge has something to do with this massive drop in sales. I have never had such a bad run. ever. I was a bit above normal sales for the first 11 days of the month, then everything just died.
On the flip side, my website has done very well this month...

Sorry for the off topic post, I need to find out where/what I need to make changes, if I even need to.

I know many here sell on ebay with good results and I did also, up until this ebay "glitch" I was doing very well, always within a hundred bucks or so each month. I am way off (almost 70%) this month!

Any input/advice?

Off list please, no need to flood the metlist with too much about this off topic post.

Greg C.
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com