[meteorite-list] (No More) One-Ad Per Week Rule

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 00:31:32 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 10/15/09, Howard Steffic <bencubbin at hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: Howard Steffic <bencubbin at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] (No More) One-Ad Per Week Rule
> To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
> Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 4:09 PM
>
> ... Will 900 people do this?? No, but
> maybe enough will to break the back of this spammer.
>
> Howard Steffic

Sorry Howard,

this will never be the result. The spammer will ignore everyone elses spams and continue to send out their own...

Since the beginning of spam 31.5 years ago, the only solution has been to set up your 1) filters, 2) use your delete, 3) let the list administrator handle it.

If the list administrator does nothing, there is nothing you can do except to continue to do 1 & 2, or leave the list entirely.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's the unfortunate truth...

Actually, now that I think of it, there are other things you can do. Contact the ISP of the spammer and complain the account is being used to send spam. They'll shut down the account, especially if they get multiple complaints.

Some states also have laws against spammers too.

For me, I've been dealing with spam for almost two decades. I just do 1, 2 & finally 3 if the problem becomes too great.

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net