[meteorite-list] question on using a macro flash ring for photgraphing meteorites

From: Glenn Skinner <lostbowyer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 22:13:32 -0400

Hi
I've been photographing my collection using an 8 megapixel olympus
camera with really good success. the only drawback is I have to do it
outdoors late moring facing the east to get the right lighting. I
haven't been able to reproduce the same quality using artificial
lighting. I've tried using microscopes with CCD, but the camera has a
much better image. I've been looking at the macro flash rings and have
wondered if anyone has tried them or is using them?

Thanks

Glenn Skinner