[meteorite-list] Lcross Event

From: Robert Woolard <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 05:22:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Count,

? It is raining where I live ( Little Rock, AR,? the "#1 tourist destination in the world", GeoZay? ;-)? But I don't have a 10 inch telescope anyway so I, too, was limited to watching the live TV telecast. I have to admit that at least for now, I'm a bit disappointed in "the show". The commentators mentioned another satellite in orbit of the Moon might have captured the impact and would be downloading that info in about 2 hours?(if I understood that correctly). Hopefully there will be better images from it. Of course, the science info was the main objective, as we all know, yada, yada. But I sure was looking forward to a " big ol' BLAST!" What I saw surely wasn't what I was expecting to see. ( WHAT did I see????)

? Best wishes,
? Robert Woolard