[meteorite-list] Al Hugf 007 question

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:47:04 +0200

Hi Jason,

The real spelling should be "Al Huqf"

The MB reports thet "Al Huqf 007" is an L5 with the tkw of 1 at 1043 g

There are 4 other "Al Huqfs" of H4 type, namely:
- AH 009 (39.8 g)
- AH 050 (1066 g)
- AH 055 (1866 g)
- AH 955 (12.83 kg)

The heaviest of the AH's is "AH 010, with tkw = 100 at 41.54 kg

See here:

http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php

"Al Hugf" does not exist.

And 200 tons (!) would correspond to one of the
heaviest meteorites known so far, if not the heaviest !
I note from my (not updated!) archives the
following high tkw's (to take a few):

Campo: 130+ tons
Gibeon: 100+ tons
S. Alin: 70+ tons
NWA 869: "only" 5+ tons

Probably these numbers need to be re-actualized.
Anybody for more accurate data ?

Cheers,

Zelimir