[meteorite-list] CAI and chondrules

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:59:41 +0200

Thank you, professional meteoriticists Alan and Jeff, for actively taking part in this interesting discussion.

With these things, as so often in the natural sciences [..see e. g. all the work in particle physics, or the efforts for a grand unification with gravity], one may overall be inclined to strive for "a theory of simplicity and sheer beauty". A simple formula so to say, sort of wishful thinking, but may be nature just does not work this way, here especially with chondrule formation, and things really happen(ed) in a much more differentiated way locally here and there in the early solar system, so that it just could not be laid out or compressed in a simple formula or theory.

If so, there is absolutely nothing strange with big controversies on this subject either now nor in the future years to come, as things finally and definitely may be accepted to be not fitting in just a simple scheme, and may be just THAT different(iated) as all those present theories on the chondrule formation mechanism actually are.

Waiting for things to evolve in this field...

Alex
Berlin/Germany

-------- Original-Nachricht --------