[meteorite-list] One can't be right all the time : )

From: Dave Myers <whitefalcons007_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:46:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mike and list

That might be space junk,
In march of 2003 a square metal object 5x5" (with hole in center) came through the roof of Kristy Blair,(Middletown Ohio) while her and 7 week old son were lying on the bed. The object hit the bed bounced off hitting the floor. They were lucky no one got hurt. Nasa ordered middletown police to hold the object under lock-key until they came to pick it up. This happened about 44 days after the columbia exploded on 2-1-03. But Nasa said
it could not have been from that.
The pictures at the time showed the metal to be burnt and melting on the surface. It also showed what looked like a searise of numbers and US stamped on the object. Full story was printed by Cincinnati Enquire
Dave Myers