[meteorite-list] Sikhote crust-chondrite / Could this be one of the rarest meteorites found?

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:41:04 +1100

Hi Graham,

I think that's a good example as I have a small endcut of PV that shows
something a little similar too. I don't personally know of any meteorite
that hasn't had some sort of fusion crust. I would expect silicated irons to
have a different fusion crust in the different areas. A little like impact
melts too which also seem to get varying zones and can be a good indication
of what you have. But the coolest crust of all... Aubrites like Aubres and
Norton County! They're something special!

Cheers,

Jeff