[meteorite-list] newbies coming out of the woodwork

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:13:44 -0800 (PST)

Dear Steve and All,
  The term(s) that you seem to be missing are chum and bait ):

"2. chum
unwanted fish parts: guts fins and heads"
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chum

bait:
"26. bait
What you use to catch teh (sic) little fishies (sic) in oceans and rivers...
(I had to state the obvious)
What type of bait do you use?"
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bait&page=4

 and; feeding fish (sharks, carp, suckers, etc.) are in schools (shoals, drafts, runs, hauls, or catches) and not droves.

 Droves might be used for:
1 : a group of animals driven or moving in a body
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/droves
or
2 : a large number : crowd ?usually used in plural especially with in <came in droves> .

  The person throwing the bait (fish guts, fins, and heads; in your case orphaned or mongrelled meteorites) is caller a chummer or baiter. And the act of throwing the chum is called chumming or baiting.

So Steve, keep on chumming / baiting so the chiming doesn`t stop.

Have a great day Steve and All.

Jingle Bells, The Bright Star, and the Salvation Army Band!
Happy Holidays!
Best Regards, Dirk Ross...Tokyo

"out of the Woodwork"... just guessing that that would indicate insects or some club at school