[meteorite-list] Jim Smaller

From: Larry & Twink Monrad <larrytwinkmonrad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:32:58 -0700

It was interesting the way Jim Kriegh and I met Jim Smaller. We were at the
Tucson Gem Show many years ago seeing the big weekend show at the Tucson
Community Center. Jim was showing me the gold displays, and he stopped by
a wonderful display featuring an old gold mine in Colorado. Jim had lived
in CO and went to college in Boulder and loved to hunt for gold so this
display interested him greatly. As we were looking at and commenting on
this a large man next to us told us that his father had worked at that mine
and he was proud to see this at the Show. Somehow we got around to talking
about gold hunting in Arizona, which led to meteorite hunting in Arizona,
and he figured out who Jim Kriegh was right away. We laughed about that,
and planned to hunt together someday but unfortunately we never organized a
trip together.

Twink Monrad