[meteorite-list] Barred Chondrule Fans JaH 055 incident light micrograph gallery update

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2009 11:45:51 UT

Hello Tom and List,

Stunning, breathtaking pictures, as usual! I like the very first shot best - the one which
shows the BO chondrule and the "dislocated" fragment of this barred chondrule. Often
the missing part of a chondrule cannot be found in the same part of the hand sample
but here it is still there, quite close but definitely "torn" or "ripped" away from the
rest of the chondrule.

You also wrote: "The microscope I use is an *aus* Jena Neophot 21 metallurgical microscope"

You don't need the *aus* because this German preposition only says that your microscope
comes *from* the German town the name of which is "Jena" - famous for its quality optics!

Best Sunday wishes
from Germany,

Bernd