[meteorite-list] Anyone remember this?

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 10:58:37 -0800

Darryl, List,
I just came across this in my old mail and have a question.
I know you are an expert so, obviously you knew it was not a meteorite by sight.
So, the question is this. Since we know now that It was determined to be space debris from a pervious space mission and I believe they called it stainless steel. Would it not still have a great value because it was once in space? And shouldn't it still have fusion crust? Why does it not? Where is the fusion crust? Is it possible that some metal meteorites do not have fusion crusts? I would love to see the analysis of this space rock. It seems to me this should argue against a "must have" for fusion crust. Is this not the observed science here ? And are we supposed to ignore the science? This thing crashed through a roof and caused significant damage. Do you have any inside knowledge of what ever happened to the rock? Thanks Carl

--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
(520) 979-9865