[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - November 6, 2009

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:03:08 -0700

Thanks for the wonderful pics.

The Changxing fall is one near and dear to my heart. I secured a piece
of this "find" for my collection only to realize after trimming a few
thin slices off of it, that it was, in fact, a fall and I would not
have let it touch a saw blade for that silly reason alone.

The danger illustrated here is when one source is based on another,
based on another. It was the second edition of Meteorites A to Z that
alerted me to the situation with Changxing when its entry footnoted
the article also referenced in the RFS picture caption.

I mentioned this change in an Accretion Desk article I wrote back in
March of 2005 about the concept I call Find2Fall. Here's the link:

http://www.meteorite-times.com/Back_Links/2005/March/Accretion_Desk.htm

Changxing is mentioned at the end of the article.

Best,

Martin