[meteorite-list] Large fireball over Tokyo at 8:25pm 6NOV09

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:45:30 EST

>> I just witnessed a large fireball over the Tokyo area from my balcony.
 The fireball changed from blue, red to green. No sound was heard. The
fireball terminated at approximately 10-15 degrees above the horizon.
Traveling direction was from E-SE at approximately 140-150 degrees from North.
I was viewing this event from a 10th floor apartment balcony and have a
ground refernece tower for extinction reference.
This is the second largest fireball that I have seen in my life and
perhaps Japan will have a new meteorite!<<

I'm just guessing based on shower activity, but this could be a Taurid.
One of the peaks should be right about now. If so, I wouldn't expect any me
teorites even though this shower produces quite a few bright meteors.
GeoZay