[meteorite-list] Introducing the Whetstone Mountains meteorite monograph - AD

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 23:42:09 -0500

Hello All,

Please pardon the obscure encoded posts re: "Cryptic AZ fall?" from earlier
this evening, but judging from the ~300 off list emails I've dealt with
tonight, it looks like a lot of listers quite enjoyed it. This message is
coming separately because it is list protocol to disclose an AD, although
this one is most definitely being placed in the pursuit of profit. I didn't
disclose this earlier so as to not spoil the fun...apologies for the
transgression.

As many of you may recall, in early July, Jack Schrader posted to this list
his primary concern around the "New Arizona Fall" of June 23rd's recovery
campaign -- specifically that comprehensively documenting the field science
was his priority. It would be an understatement to say that Jack has
accomplished this objective, and the preliminary summation of his team's
work is currently in publication to be released next month. The following
link provides information about the forthcoming limited edition monograph:

http://www.fallingrocks.com/whetstoneazmonograph/index.htm

I won't duplicate the message here, since the above web page pretty much
spells it out. Thanks in advance for checking it out, and I hope all of you
who have ordered it already enjoy the read!

All the best,

Dave Gheesling
IMCA #5967
www.fallingrocks.com