[meteorite-list] RE L(Iron) Chondrite Meteorite fresh fall 4.64g

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:24:24 -0800

Yo,
I found the link - trouble is that it looks like a piece of metal to
me - check out the folded-over edge.
I suppose it could be a 4g iron meteorite, but what are the
odds...heaven knows there are more 4g pieces of man-made scrap out
there than there are meteorites. And that edge shows pretty visible
folding-over, making me think it was hit repeatedly by something or
broke off of a larger mass of iron fairly recently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/L-Iron-Chondrite-Meteorite-fresh-fall-4-64g_W0QQitemZ120488782700QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0db0eb6c#ht_696wt_1039

And the description...the person clearly doesn't know what they're
talking about. What they've written reminds me of the label they
stuck on the meteorite in the new Superman movie.
Regards,
Jason