[meteorite-list] Ash Creek the most expensive ordinary chondrite??

From: Linton Rohr <lintonius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 23:26:20 -0800

Good answers already, Melanie.
Let me just add that, unless I'm mistaken, it's not all that common to have
video footage of the (daytime) fireball that gave birth to your specimen.
Keep in mind, too, that prices on West/Ash Creek have dropped significantly
since last February/March.
Being a relative newcomer to the scene, I got very excited that a couple of
my new friends from the Tucson show were tramping around in Texas finding
these freshly fallen chondrites. I probably paid more than I should have,
but I was eager to hold in my hands, the newest, freshest visitor to planet
Earth. If I could do it all over again, I'd have jumped in the car, and high
tailed it to Texas! Oh well, next time for sure!
Linton