[meteorite-list] The Meteorite Wiki: For The World

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 10:53:45 -0800

Thanks Sonny, Ruben, List,

I would agree that Steve and Geoff do need to be complimented and
acknowledged for their work on bringing meteorites to the main stream.
Though it is a cable television series it will expand the base of the
meteorite world exponentially, especially when one considers the reach
of the Science Channel and Discovery Communications. I'm looking forward
to seeing the new episodes.

Without showing any bias or favoritism, I agree wholeheartedly with
Ruben when he stated /"...All too often (speaking for myself) it seems
easy to forget the monumental achievements of Geoff and Steve. Think
about it, they have successfully completed filming of the very first TV
series about meteorites/meteorite hunting in history!..."/

Regardless of personal feelings on the matter, to help create a
television series on such a major network is an amazing and wonderful
thing for the meteorite world as a whole and certainly the logical next
step. I predict in the next 2-3 years such an explosive growth of
knowledge of the science of meteorites as never before seen in the
history of this great science. It's never been in the public eye more
than now, and it may even become a vehicle into the future of
astronomical science for many. Who knows how many new scientists,
astronomers and astronauts this exposure will create? It will have
phenomenal growth.

Perhaps we should consider adding Geoff and Steve to the "Meteorite Men"
page on the wiki. Any volunteers to write the pages? ;)

Thank you all...

Regards,
Eric