[meteorite-list] AD : Canyon Diablo Display Lot,

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 12:22:16 -0500

Hi Folks!

I have a few offerings of interest, including a large Canyon Diablo
Riker display.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/0/Canyon-Diablo-Crater-Display-Kit--Famous-Iron-Meteorite_592091.html

This set would be perfect as a gift or perhaps as an outreach prop.
It has several different samples from the Canyon Diablo site - crater
sand, ejecta rim rock, tiny shrapnels, large individual iron, and tiny
spheroids from the Nininger collection. (the latter have a copy of
the original collection label)

Forget the price on the website - US Met-List members can have this
kit for $80 shipped! Canadian and Overseas buyers is $100 shipped via
USPS Priority International Box. (typically about one week delivery
time)

I also have the entire 2008 year of Meteorite Magazine (4 quarterly
issues) for $50 shipped. Again, ignore the price on the website -
that price is for the general public and not Met List members.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/0/Meteorite-Magazine--Entire-2008-Year--4-Issues_1009149.html

I also have some beautifully-crusted and fresh stony meteorites from
a variety of recent falls - some of these are oriented and 100%
crusted. All of them come in dessicated Riker boxes with display
labels - ready for your cabinet or display shelf. All of these are
prime examples of their respective falls, or they wouldn't have been
in my private/personal collection cabinet. I'm not a "high roller"
collector, so I can't afford BIG stones that are this nice, so I
collect the nicest ones I can afford - the offerings below are of high
quality. Again - ignore the prices on the website. Met-List members
get 25% off of the prices for the specimens below :

Bassikounou 4.69 grams, fully 100% crusted in FRESH velvety,
pitch-black fusion crust. This is as nice as a small Bassikounou
gets.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126516/Bassikounou-Witnessed-Fall--100-Crusted-Whole-Stone_1065553.html

Chergach 6.63 grams, fully-oriented with prominent roll-over lip. 98%
fully crusted in FRESH black velvety fusion crust. This is one of the
freshest Chergach stones I have ever seen. It must have been
collected right after it first hit the dirt. It has one tiny spot on
the fusion crust where the unoxidized matrix is exposed.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126516/Chergach-Meteorite--Oriented-Whole-Stone-w-Rollover-Lip_1065557.html

Oum Dreyga 4.53 grams, Oriented and 100% FRESH fusion crust. Just
like the two stones above, this one is truly "fresh" - pitch black,
matte-velvety crust. This one didn't sit in the desert long before
someone scooped it up and protected it from oxidation.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126516/Oum-Dreyga-Witnessed-Fall-Meteorite--Oriented-Whole-Stone_1065564.html

Bensour 2.35 grams - 100% FRESH black crust. This one has a nice
rounded organic shape that reminds me of a tiny pea-pod.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126516/Bensour-Witnessed-Fall-Meteorite--Fresh-Whole-Stone_1065561.html

FINDS : (don't forget, you get 25% off of these prices shown below)

Gold Basin (with Aerolite label and Kriegh/Monrad provenance) - this
one is a "faux-individual". This means it is a nice round fragment
that is not jagged - at first glance, it could resemble a small
"individual". It's spherical, like a weathered marble. If you want a
collectible Gold Basin fragment, this is it.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126516/Gold-Basin--Arizona-Meteorite--Jim-Kriegh-Personal-Find_1066934.html

I also have the following available - Juancheng crusted fragment,
Tamdakht crusted fragment, Moldavites, and cheap bulk UNWA lots for
outreach or gifts. (small slices, endcuts and fragments).

BOOKS -

Collision Earth, Meteorite & Comet Impacts by Grego -

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126516/Collision-Earth--Meteorite-Comet-Impacts-by-Peter-Grego_1055700.html

Comets, Creators and Destroyers by Levy -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126516/Comets--Creators-and-Destroyers-by-David-Levy_1069531.html

Moldavite, Starborn Stone of Transformation (New Age) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126516/Moldavite--Starborn-Stone-of-Transformation--Book_1041995.html

I have a growing pile of MAPS journal back issues - contact me to make an offer.

Lastly, have some nice NWA 869 display slices -

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126516/NWA-869--Heavy-Slice--1004-grams_1019899.html

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126502/NWA-869--Crusted-Endcut--937-grams_1019905.html

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126502/NWA-869--Nice-Slice--464-grams_1019895.html

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126502/NWA-869--Crusted-Endcut--105-grams_1019890.html

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/126502/NWA-869--Nice-Thick-Slice--999-grams_1019665.html

EVERYONE WHO ORDERS TODAY WILL GET EXTRA FREEBIES - classified NWA
slices and other nice stuff.

My website only accepts PayPal, so if you don't want to use PayPal,
then contact me directly at - meteoritemike at gmail.com

If you use the website, don't forget to use this coupon code at
checkout - "metlist" - this will give you a 25% discount on your total
order. If you have any problems using the coupon or checkout, contact
me via email.

Thanks for looking and clear skies! (and Happy Huntings!)

MikeG

--
Michael Gilmer (Florida, USA)
Member of the Meteoritical Society.