[meteorite-list] Richard Norton

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 27 May 2009 20:43:53 UT

"A memory that pops into my mind just now is of a meeting with Richard and
Dorothy over lunch in Tucson, one year. Richard wanted to see what I had in
the way of thin sections when I pulled out 6 Kapoeta thin sections I had from
the King Collection... He held one of them up and...said almost in amazement:

"This one slide holds a complete rock collection in it!"

NORTON O.R. (2001) Centerpiece: Kapoeta - A Howardite
Extraordinaire (Meteorite, May 2001, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 22-24):

"I knew it was different when I first laid eyes on it.During the 2000 Tucson show
Steve Arnold was selling thin sections from the Elbert A. King collection. One in
particular from the Kapoeta howardite caught my attention. Even without magni-
fication I could see a clast-like feature with a structure I had not seen before in
any meteorite, much less in a howardite."