[meteorite-list] "Hammers"

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 15:01:52 -0700

Hi Mike,
        Thanks for the kind words. Currently I am making good
Headway on my "ORIENTED METEORITES" (tentative name)
Book and hope to finish that up and have it available within a
Number of weeks, as I am not teaching a summer class.
        The moment it "goes to press" I will start organizing my
Book on hammers (much of the data has been gathered, some
Has been written, but much more remains to be done).
        The "ORIENTATION" book will give me much better know
How on organization and production, so, I optimistic the Hammer
Book will be a substantially worthwhile source as well as a pleasure
To read. It is also my intention to design, write and market the book
In a way that holds high potential for attracting new meteorite
Enthusiasts. It has been my experience that other than Luner
(and to a lesser degree, Martian) specimens, it is by the story of
Each hammer fall that the uninitiated are most entranced. I
Would like to see the book address these people as well as those
Of us with a bit more sophistication in meteorite collecting and
appreciation.
        The ORIENTATION book is pretty much completed in terms
Of writing and now needs to be organized in an esthetic and
Professional manor. That is why I am so optimistic about its release
Coming quite soon. I believe within a month is a realistic goal
For publication. The Hammer book, however, has a lot more work
To be completed. Still, I am still hoping for a TUCSON 2010 release