[meteorite-list] Tumbling Weathered-up Stony Chondrites

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 19:31:54 EDT

Hi Mike, I bought a few Kg. of small Ghubara fragments that were tumbled.
The before and after results were cool! They looked awful before tumbling.

I have never tried it myself but I have put dirty samples in walnut shells
in a brass tumbler dry for cleaning.

My call on the water would be to substitute rubbing alchohol for the water.
 It's cheap and it really draws out any water.

Tom

In a message dated 5/22/2009 3:28:26 PM Mountain Daylight Time,