[meteorite-list] Tasco Scopes

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 22 May 2009 19:30:26 UT

Hello MikeG and List,

"Nice old-school refractor with solar projection screen in the background behind Matt.
Looks like a vintage Tasco. Those are great little small scopes, they don't build them
like that any more."

Yeah, TASCO ... brings back memories of my Tasco Newtonian. It was a "nice" scope
but when I got my Celestron-8, I immediately realized that TASCO and CELESTRON
were worlds apart: price - quality - resolution of double stars - eye piece quality
- stability, etc. Here's a pic (pers. mail) of the Tasco scope I had in the early 70's :-)

Best from Germany,

Bernd