[meteorite-list] Meteorite or Meteorwrong?

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 09:49:14 -0700 (PDT)

I was mostly going by color. Basalts tend to be darker, and granitic rocks are very light in color. But it's really hard to look at photos... Having it in hand would be much easier (a necessity really).

I would be interested in learning what a professional would consider when faced with such a rock... It would be cool if someday the IMCA could host an ID workshop, maybe one year at Tucson or one of the European shows (where you're guaranteed a group of possible participants).

Mark