[meteorite-list] Huge Daylight Fireball Video?

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:05:58 -0700

That makes sense... I didn't realize that contrails dissipated so
quickly in dryer air. But it makes sense if the air is more humid that
the contrail would persist longer. The optical aberration seems logical
enough too and could explain the seemingly larger leading edge.

Combination of bad optics, dry air, hazy day, and setting sun equals
fireballs that last more than 4 minutes.... No wonder it looks like a
fireball.

Regards,
Eric