[meteorite-list] Huge Daylight Fireball Video?

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:38:53 -0700

Yeah, I though it odd.... Hence the ? mark.

I did notice the sun setting (or rising) and thought this could possibly
explain the orange glow of the "fireball" if it is contrails reflecting
the orange glow from beyond the horizon.

Still though, if it were a contrail from an airplane wouldn't it persist
in the air longer than it does? The "tail" of this fireball seems to
stay the same length through out the video and not stretch out across
all the way across the sky like a contrail would. Why is that?

Don't contrails from planes tend to get larger further from the aircraft
as the trail expands and dissipates in the air? This video shows a
tapering of the short "contrail" seemingly getting smaller the further
away from the object. What would cause that?

Or is it only seeming to taper off because of the haze in the air
explaining why the longer "contrail" is not visible as well?

Regards,
Eric