[meteorite-list] Thanks from Geoff

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 13:04:16 -0700

Dear Listees:

I want to send a big thank you to all our US Meteorite List members
who tuned in for the "Meteorite Men" premiere on Sunday, and
especially those of you who wrote to us with your encouraging comments
afterwards. I forwarded some of them (in confidence) to our production
company and I owe a number of you personal replies, which I am trying
to work through in a timely manner : )

We received good news from the network. "Meteorite Men" was the top
rated show on Science Channel on Sunday and the overall ratings were
very good -- double what the network expected.

The show will be repeated on May 25 at 5 pm, on Science Channel and
Science Channel HD.

Steve and I appreciate the terrific support we've received from so
many of our friends and colleagues over the past year and half, while
"Meteorite Men" made the long journey from an idea on a piece of paper
to a big-budget HD documentary. Personal special thanks from me to
Paul Harris, Caroline Palmer, Dr. Hobart King, Larry and Nancy
Lebofsky, Sonny Clary, Dr. Art Ehlmann, Maria Haas, Norbert Classen,
Leigh Anne DelRay, Anne Black, Suzanne and Lisa Morrison, and Michael
Johnson, and everyone else who helped us along the way, and also to
our guest stars Dr. Meenakshi Wadhwa and Dr. Laurence Garvie at ASU.

Some really interesting posts on the M-List over the past week. Lots
of good reading, and I definitely need to comment back on a few things.

How about that fearless McCartney Taylor and the beehive! Holy cow,
that's one way to get in good with a landowner : )

All the best from hot and sunny Tucson,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.meteoritemen.com